Sunday, June 15, 2008

Party Planner



Speaking of parties, I’m about all partied out. I have planned and decorated for at least 6 parties in the last month and a half (some larger than others):

  1. GaNO
  2. LaDawn’s 40th Birthday Bash (my cute friend)
  3. Marshall’s friend Birthday party
  4. Adam, Marshall’s and Joshies Birthday party
  5. Our Stake’s Mariachi Fiesta
  6. Our Rasmussen Luau Reunion

(And you wonder why there hasn’t been any posts.) I also was officially released from my calling as Ward Activities Committee Chair today. I loved my calling and am sad to leave but I am thrilled to be working in the young women’s now. I really do love to plan and decorate for parties. I want to believe I am good at it. That is what everyone tells me. I think I should have been a party planner before I had kids. Come to think of it, I did do it a little in college. I was on the Special Events and Entertainment Committee. We would plan BBQ’s, Valentines Dances, Hypnotists, Comedians and such to come to SLCC. I was also asked to help decorate for my friend’s son’s wedding luncheon and reception in December. How fun, I’ve never done that before. I better not get too far out yet, I still have Hilary and Calli’s Birthday’s in two weeks.

4 comments:

Mandi Arrington said...

Jody I think you are so talented at planning parties. The best part about it is you are so patient with it all. I would lose my cool if I had to do what you have already accomplished! Next step is getting your scrapbooking room done! call me when you start so I can help!

Connie said...

The best part about you getting a new calling is camp--it's going to be awesome!! Did I mention I'm THRILLED you will be there?!?!

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

IS there anything you can't do? How fun to have you back in YW, do you know many of the girls or leaders? Is Adam still in YM's? Fun fun.

stephanie said...

Hey, I was one of those people who told you that you should be a professional party planner. I meant it when I said you can practice on me anytime. I'm getting some entertaining kitchenware from pampered chef and a new deck, so I just need to do something with it! Call me and we'll brainstorm some craft/scrapbook room ideas. I have all my furniture set up, I am just putting everything away now.