Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I just need to laugh...

The morning started off with COLD! It is finally here. Yesterday it was 90 degrees and today maybe 50. I dropped off the kids at school and headed down the road home. Andrew in the back seat said "diet coke"? So, we headed down to sonic to utilize the drink sticker that makes Route 44's a buck. We came home and stayed in our PJ's until noon. I did some wash and then I quickly realized I needed diapers and a prescription and Calli was going to be home in 15 minutes. I jumped in the shower and the bus pulled up right as I was getting out. Needless to say I had to run my errands. I usually do these without the company of my darling Calli but I decided to take her to Toys R US and Target. BAAAAD IDEA!

You know when your child asks you questions over and over until they get the answer thy want to hear? Well, that is Calli but on steroids. The questions get tiresome. Especially,"Can I play with a friend?" So, at Toys R Us (the place I purchase diapers with my rewards =) ) she would not listen to me at all. People must think I am crazy and the worst mom. I am very vocal because I am afraid of losing her at a store. It starts out something like this: Calli (in a sweet voice), Calli (a little more firm), Calli (demanding), and finally CALLI where are you? (almost yelling. We get done and I noticed they charged me a dollar too much, yes a dollar. If I am going to drive all the way to Toys R Us I am going to get my dollar back no matter how bad the kido is being!

We get into the car and guess what Calli says, "Can I play with a friend when we get home?" AHHHHHH!!!

Our next stop is Target. I stragetically walk through the store to the pharmacy to hit all of the clearence endcaps I can without really stoping. We get to the pharmacy and the girl working ignores me. She walks around, I think pretending she is working, and then acts like she didn't see me standing there. I say "I need to pick up a perscription," "Last name?" she says. "Nice." No one ever get's it right. It is so simple, just the way it sounds, N I C E - not the way I sound. While she is getting the perscription Calli starts to scream. There is blood everywhere. The girl loudly tells me her nose is bleeding. I look at her and say, "do you have a kleenex?" It doesn't stop and Calli won't let me help her. She thinks if she continues to wipe it will stop. So, screaming I rush her to the bathroom where it continues to bleed all over the sink. It finally stops and we head back to get some popsicles and cheetoes. We get checked out and are leaving the store and Calli stops to check out her nose in the window mirror. You know, the one we all check our selves out in as we pass and hope no one is on the other side watching us. She is making the funniest faces while she is trying to see UP her nose. After about a minute, I start to laugh at her. All of the sudden there is a knock on the other side of the glass. Calli was very confused. Oh what people must think of her!

Earlier this week her teacher sent home a note saying that her class is the most challenging she has ever had in 39 years of teaching. I've heard that one before.

Today I am frusterated, happy, angry, laughing, questioning... Thanks to all who accept Calli for who she is. Also for accepting me for who I am - a mother trying to figure this girl out. I know sometimes Calli and I can be high maintence but hey we are a package deal. Thanks for the friendships and encouragement.

I just need to laugh... Calli named her baby dolls Jody and Adam. So cute and Adam is wearing the most beautiful white dress!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate to laugh at your eventful day but it cracked me up. There is never a dull moment with kids. I love how she was checkin out her nose in the office mirror at Target!

Michele said...

I love Callie and we SOOOO miss seeing her at church. She is just so sweet and comes up with the funniest things.
And about the last name...been there!
Thanks for blogging. We miss seeing you guys.

stephanie said...

Wow. I think that trip sounds like it should win a "super tricky" award!

Jen said...

I would have went back for the DOLLAR too!! Can't wait to see you soon.