Thursday, July 10, 2008

All-Stars

After winning Bingham 12 - 4 Marshall and Adam pose in front of the score board.

This is what it's all about, the bond that Marshall and Adam are forming with their love for each other and sports.
Marshall getting ready to steal second base!

Marshall was one of 12 boys that made the South East Valley All Star baseball team. Adam was asked to be an assistant coach. The team was awesome. What a season it has been! I have gone to so many baseball games I lost count but I loved every minute of it. (Hopefully I will learn to love football just as much.) Marshall came a long way as a player in the past few weeks. He became a more consistent player and learned how to control his emotions better than the beginning of the year.

The team won all their games in the Murray District and advanced to the State Tournament held at Bingham's home field. We were knocked into the losers bracket early by Bingham. We battled back, beating Bingham, and ended up playing Riverton for the Pee Wee U8 State Championship. Riverton was undefeated and the tournament was double elimination so we had to win them two times to take State. We won the first game and the team was pumped. Riverton came back with a vengence and we were tired. (We played so many more games than them.) We lost the final game. Marshall was crushed. He couldn't stop crying. This made me so sad and I was crying too. I couldn't control myself so I had to leave. It broke my heart that Marshall was so upset. He didn't realize that getting second in a State Championship was a great achievement. He s to lose. (I don't know where he gets that from.) Marshall is definitely a better person from this experience and I hope he realizes this someday.

When Marshall came home with his Trophy he had an extra one. He got it for me. What a sweet boy I have thinking of his Mom. Adam said that he thought I wanted Marshall to win more than
he wanted it himself. This could have been true but I was so happy for Marshall to have gotten as far as he did.

OK, I need to brag a little. Marshall had 10 RBI's, 9 Runs Scored, 2 doubles and 5 triples!

Congratulations my All Star!

No comments: