Friday, July 18, 2008

A little Heaven on earth!

Lake Powell is one of my all time favorite trips. I love to be there. It makes me feel like a kid again. I love that my kids are having the same experiences I did when I was their age. This trip didn't start out the greatest but it turned out awesome. We launched the boat and noticed our gas tank was EMPTY! Adam had filled it up in the fall when he stored it and we are not quite sure where it happened but someone stole 50 gallons of gas. That's $288 when you have to fill up on the water. We searched all day for a camp spot and the water was so high that all the beaches were covered in weeds. We ended up pulling the boat out and heading to the campground. We loved it there. They had nice CLEAN facilities - bonus.

We loved having my little no younger brother Jake with us. He is awesome on the wakeboard!


Marshall caught is first Lizard at Lake Powell. (What a proud Mom I am.)

Family photo! Thanks Jake.

On the last day Andrew warmed up to the tube. Marshall and Andrew took a Loooooong ride. I think he would have stayed in there for hours if we would have let him. I was very nervous about taking Andrew with us. He did awesome. He took naps, watched everyone play and even got out and enjoyed the water a little himself.

We always say the Lake Powell is Calli's trip. She is in her element down here. She loves to swim and jump off the boat. Adam and Calli explored all over the rocks and they even went cliff jumping.

Adam and the kids hiked to some ruins and little huts called Defiance house. Calli loved playing house in the hut.


Hilary found a new talent, water gun . Every time we would take a break next to a tall wall of rock Hilary would see how high she could shoot water on the rocks. She would also try to get the Lizards to fall in the water. Watch out Charlies Angels.


1 comment:

Jen said...

We loved seeing the lizard, Marshall Congrats on the catch.