Friday, August 1, 2008

Draper Days

What a fun and HOT day. Adam was out of town so I decided I was going to take the kids to the Draper City Parade. I'm not sure what I was thinking. I had Hilary and Marshall invite friends and they slept over. (CRAZY) We got a great spot thanks to Connie for staking her claim a week before the parade.

The kids got lot of candy and my Grandma was in the parade. She was riding in the shuttle bus of the place where she lives. Of course she was all dressed up in her pink satin western shirt with fringe dangling from her arms. She was so excited to see us cheering her on.That evening we went to the park for Draper Days. The kids got their hair done with glitter, faces painted, rode the train and bounced on the incredibly HOT inflatables. I did a little shopping and after an hour we were exausted from the sun.
On the way to the car we let all the kids ride the ponies. Andrew was so excited. He was woofing like a dog at the ponies and then...Adam and I put the kids to bed and enjoyed the fireworks and a little Fongs on the back deck!

1 comment:

marlene said...

Your Grandma and her pink western fringe shirt - that made me smile. I miss my Grandma :)