Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Arrington Family Christmas Party

We have been doing this Christmas Party for years - as long as I can remember. I remember when my Great Grandpa Arrington used to come. I thought he was so old. He was 96.

This was the first party without Grandpa Irby. I was having a hard time wanting to go. My Aunt Karen and Uncle Burt were in charge of the party this year and did something real special. My Grandpa was a HUGE golfer. He golfed into his 90's. My Grandma wanted to give the clubs to one of the Grandsons but who? So my Aunt and Uncle figured out that there was one club for each Grandson Grandpa had. What are the odds? They did a cute presentation where each boy got to draw a number to see what club they got. Of course there was a poem to go with the presentation. For the Grandaughters they made this beautiful shadow box frame of some of Grandpa's things. There was a golf tie, a tee, a ball, a score pencil and of course a business card from Grandpa's State Legislature days. What a treasure. There was also a poem that when along with the gift. Thanks for the wonderful gift Grandma, and for Burt and Karen for putting it together.


The tradition at the party is that all the kids perform their talents. My kids lucked out since we forgot the piano music. We then sing until SANTA hears us and enters for the annual sit on Santas lap. The kids had a great time. Next year my Mom and Dad are incharge so we all know what that means, Jody is planning the party! It is a good thing I love to do parties!

No comments: