Saturday, December 13, 2008

Halloween 2008

Halloween was so much fun this year. We started the morning off going to get Cruella and her puppies pictures taken at Inkley's - they turned out fabulous! We then went to the kid's school for the Halloween Parade.

It never ceases to amaze me how smart Calli really is. As we were walking in she saw a little boy that was her same age and said Hi to him. This is very normal for her. Then she started saying his name, "Hi Michael." His mom and I looked at each other in amazement. His name was Michael and when Calli took off her hat he knew who she was. About a half hour later we figured out that they are in Kindergarten together. Being a mother of a delayed child little things like this are cause for CELEBRATION. They recognized each other not in their regular environment. WOW, great job Calli and Michael.

After we left the parade Calli asked me why I didn't come to her school's parade?#*@? Confused I told her I didn't know about it. She felt sad when her mom wasn't there. WOW - I was so happy, she feels real feelings at the appropriate times. I was feeling horrible about the situation so I talked to the teacher about it, I was afraid I lost the note about it. I wasn't such a bad mom after all, parents weren't really invited.

We went to Grandma Faiths next to have some yummy lunch together from Zupas. It was great to visit with Grandma. She misses Grandpa so much. I wish I could spend more time with her.

Off to the Wentworth for trick or treating festivities and visiting Grandma Dona aka "Devil." (I dressed her up in my devil costume from last year!) Grandma Julie, Faith, Molly, Susan and Jeff met us there. My kids got so much candy they didn't need to go out again. But of course we did anyway. Grandma Nice came to help Curella chase the puppies around the neighborhood. What a work out. We didn't make it that far but Calli scored. At every house she would take a handfull of candy. Most everyone thought she was so cute - but not mom. After we were done, Our cousin "Cowgirl" Eliza came to visit. Well, how do you measure a successful Halloween? By weighing how much candy you accumulated... 7 lbs for Hilary, 3 lbs for Marshall and 21 lbs total for all the candy combined. This translates into 5 lbs of weight gain for mom!

No comments: