Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Plant


Have you ever wondered how those shirts get so crisp and stiff at the Cleaners? Well, if you have never seen inside a shirt laundry you are in for a treat. This is my Parents business. It has been in the family for years. My Grandpa Irby started the company.
When I was little we used to call it the Plant, now my Dad likes to call it the Sweat Shop.
I used to love to go to work on Saturdays and hunt for change on the ground or in the trough behind the washers. I also liked to pick pockets in hopes that someone would have left a couple bucks in their shirt pocket and forgot to take it out before they sent it to the cleaners. We would have basket races when all the workers went home.
I have taken all of my kids to the Plant so they can experience riding in a basket and also see where Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Jeff and Uncle Jim work. Here we are playing around with the baskets. Grandma and Uncle Jeff (my oldest brother) pose with Andrew.


4 comments:

Angie said...

What dry cleaners is it? I have a friend who's grandpa owns a cleaners. You made me curious! -Angie (Marlene's cousin)

Sarah said...

I must say that I am one of that cleaners most favorite customers and I love them right back. Can we arrange a private tour sometime, I think it would be highly educational!

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

That is way fun, I want a tour!

jody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.